Tuesday, February 9, 2010

my life is a racetrack.

Lately I've come to realize that I love the idea of certain things but am not very good about the acutal carrying out of those things. Like, I love THINKING that I am on top of all my schoolwork. I mentally set aside time for the next day to do homework. But somehow I just don't do it. All of a sudden things like cleaning our disgusting mugs and raman bowls takes priority and painting my toenails is a must.
I buy a planner at the begginning of each semester wanting to start the semester off all organized. Of course I begin to think, why the heck do I need this planner? My mind remembers everything. And then everything starts going downhill. Soon I feel like this huge slacker! I mean, here I am sitting on my futon, (listening to the angriest wind outside I've ever heard in my life) watching the Bachelor. I am doing my math homework too. But "Concepts in Mathematics" cannot really qualify as math. My problems incude "Late Bloomers" "Baby Bunnies" and "Rolling Around in Vegas". I'm supposed to figure out how to take my pants off and put them back on inside out? Pleeeeease.

This whole issue of me loving the idea of things gets me into trouble sometime. I act impulsively. I don't really think about the long term effect of my actions. I cannot control situations. I'm stuck thinking I can control my life like I've been controlling Donkey Kong in mario-kart (too... much.... nintendo 64....).

Come on, Karin. you ain't gotsta worry.

No comments: