Thursday, February 18, 2010

fragments are my friend.

i am thankful for the melody of a piano. i love to hear the keys being graced with willing hands. sometimes timid hands. the notes are a pleasant sound. i am thankful for art. i am thankful to learn about art. i love the broadening of minds. i desire to broaden my own mind. with ideas that brighten my eyes and fill my heart with a passion to live. i am thankful for the Bible. i am encouraged by 2 Corinthians 12:9 "my grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me." i love a good cry. i am thankful for my mom. when i hug her i feel her warm and gentle spirit radiate into me. she is sensitive to my needs. when young, i would curl my little body into her arms and cry into her shoulder. her sleeve would be wet with my salty tears. she wouldn't care. she'd only hug me tighter. i'm older and i still cry on her shoulder. i love her. i'm thankful for the ability to run. to run when i feel trapped. to run, i feel free. i find peace. i am thankful for imagination. to be creative. to dream. to be creative in the dreaming of my future. i am thankful to have a future. i love to laugh. i am thankful for those who make me laugh. to find humor in a simple noise. i am thankful for good literature. and bad literature. to make me thankful for what is good. and what allows my mind to be opened to new images and ideas. i am thankful for those who inspire me. for those who exhibit passion. their passion brings me joy and a desire to develop my own passions. i love small children's innocence. i love their sometimes not innocence. their simplicity in living. how a child can laugh at most anything. i love a beautiful sunny day. a beautiful sunny day after an elegant winter day. driving with the windows rolled down. coffee being made by my dear roommate in the morning. i am thankful to dance. even if it's as bad as elaine's dancing from seinfeld. i am thankful to be able to be thankful. i have so much.

No comments: